Sunday, March 26, 2006

Modern Romantics

Sweet Summer and The Marriage gave me a different view on the romantic side of stories. It showed me a puppy love which I believe I already have experienced and an adult love which I have yet to experience.

Sweet Summer made me think how I fared with my own puppy love. I believe just like the female character here I was naive, because I was young. And, before I new what has gotten into my very soul, I fell in love. It is such a nice feeling when I try to recall, what sometimes I refer to, as part of being stupid and being young.

I remember when I had my first love, I was 12 years of age, and everything seemed right that time. I began to feel conscious with everything. I began to feel that nobody should be more appealing than me. Nobody should be more attractive to her eyes but me... such possessiveness... I never knew that I would be like that.

When I had my first love it was really SOMETHING. A love that sprung on our early age is one of the most important and most endearing.

As I begin to live a life of an adult I begin to feel anxious with everything. Insecurity has been one of my most feared value. Unlike when I was in my younger years, everything was perfect. But now, I need to be able to fit myself with the existing values and norms that the society I belong into have. Society drills to us that we should be something and someone... such materialism exist and even though you don’t want to be part of it, you don’t have a choice. You take the chance or you just leave, and be coward all your life.

As an adult, I’d want to fall in love with someone who will need me because she won’t be able to go on with her life without me. Someone who will arouse my protective instinct and someone who’d want to share the rest of her days being with me would be a good definition of love that I would want to experience. I may be idealistic this time, but when it comes to love, we have our own fairy tales to fulfill. Though I already am starting to live an adult life I still believe in happy endings.

I still am an old fashioned man who wants to loved...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home