Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Hurt and the Pain of Losing

Getting Better, upon reading it made me realize how foolish man can be when it comes to LOVE.

I want to tell a story about a distant relative of mine, a story I just knew last night.

A 77 year old woman whom I dearly love, and have been part of my life since I was young has felt love but was never loved. Thirty two years ago, this woman fell in love with a man, a beautiful and attractive man. There seemed to be no problem with it, just that the man she fell in love into was her younger sister’s boyfriend. A younger sister who’s almost 20 years younger than her. She was torn between the love for the man and her sister. She knew the man won’t love her because the man really loved her sister. Perhaps an act of desperation or so, she teased the attractive man and she became pregnant.

Imagine how, the younger sister would feel. If I am in the younger sister’s position I will feel betrayed and I’d feel lost... my sister and my boyfriend? Until I heard this, I never would’ve believed this.

Naturally, the elder sister was married to the attractive man and the younger sister was left hurting. Perhaps her only consolation is that the marriage wasn’t successful, though the younger sister didn’t wish that these things would happen to them, perhaps the two aren’t really meant. The elder sister and the husband separated ways after she gave birth to her daughter.

There was a time where the two sisters never really talked to each other but as time goes and pass, they learned that they need to be with each other because they are sisters. ‘Walang sugat ang hindi pinaghihilom ng panahon.’

Just like Karen and the younger sister, they need to move on with their lives, though they had loved a very dearly man and though these men would mean their lives, it is sometimes good not to think of it this way. Loving is not always bed of roses, most often than not they always have torns with them.

My aunt and Karen should always bear in their minds that love comes and goes when and where you least expect it.
I sometimes really wonder if what I am writing here would be the most applicable solution to these kinds of problems. I have yet to experience these things before I give my opinion. But god forbids, I don’t want to be in this kind of situation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home